(Archived) Feature Request: ToDo Notes and Notebooks

There are several ideas and implementation approaches here. I am describing what I see as two main types:

1. ToDo Notes - notes which themselves are a todo list, with multiple items/lines, each with their own checkbox.

such notes presumably could reside in any notebook

it sould be easy to create a new checkbox item within the note (via a hot-key or format/editing icon)

2. ToDo Notebooks - notebooks in which each note is a ToDo item

every note created in such a notebook would automatically have a checkbox

the checkbox would (optionally?) appear in at least the List View of that notebook (from which it could be checked)

Now additional questions need to be addressed:

a. how much of a ToDo list manager should EverNote be?

This is a critical question for the EverNote organization.

What is a reasonable minimum set of features?

What could most easily added in the current implementation environment?

What is the ROI to EverNote for the engineering effort? Will it get more (paying) customers? SW engineers cost money.

b. same questions for how Search would operate on such Notes and Notebooks

Here are some examples of 'extensions' to the functionality described in (1) and (2) above as related to (a):

i. a 'form' or 'template' for a ToDo Note and ToDo Notebook; later customizable by the user

ii. addition of other fields, such as the Due Date, and in the case of ToDo Notebooks, the ability to add them as columns in the (List) display

iii. option to show/hide completed items (or possibly auto-delete completed items after 'x' days, etc)

I personally would like to see ToDo Notebooks, where every Note is its own ToDo item with checkbox.

I would particularly like it if the checkbox would appear in the Notebook List view where it could be checked when the item was completed (but that functionally could be added later, since I could check the box in the Note Panel).

-cj

It is my understanding that this question has already been answered by Evernote and the answer is that they're not planning on adding any more to do list features.

• Level 5

Until Evernote adds the frequently promised "ToDo" column, there is no easy way to schedule stuff in the future. So it is difficult to address these hypothetical questions.

My method is to treat the "Created" column as the ToDo date for Individual Notes. There are drawbacks, but it does work for me.

It is my understanding that this question has already been answered by Evernote and the answer is that they're not planning on adding any more to do list features.

Ditto what megsaint said. If you so desire, you can search the board on "to do" or "task/list manager." The one exception is adding a due date. This may or may not have been addressed in the most recent betas. I'm currently dealing with a few personal issues at this time & not on the bleeding edge of Evernote technology.

Archived