(Archived) How to View Unfiled Notes

Hi,

I've searched the Knowledge Base and the Forum and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I just would like to view only Unfiled notes. Since I've got a lot of stuff filed in notebooks, it can be difficult to find just the unfiled ones.

It'd be great to set the product to always put new things in an unfiled Notebook. Or at least have a search to seek out such notes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

. . . I just would like to view only Unfiled notes. Since I've got a lot of stuff filed in notebooks, it can be difficult to find just the unfiled ones. . .

Well Scott, if I understand what you mean by "unfiled" notes, I believe that the native behavior of EN should work quite well with just a bit of setup.

EN allows you to set a default Notebook that is used whenever a new note is created, captured from web, or sent by email. However, if you have clicked on a specific Notebook, all new Notes created manually will be assigned to that NoteBook. To make sure you not selected any Notebooks or other filters, just click on the "All Notes" button.

Many users create a Notebook named "Inbox" for this very purpose.

Just like your email inbox and snailmail inbox, it represents new Notes that have not been process, or filed.

Thus, they are "unfiled".

After you have reviewed the note in the "Inbox", you can add Tags (if desired) and MOVE to another Notebook which will be the long term storage or archive for the note.

To view just the "unfiled" notes, just click on the "Inbox" and the list of notes will be filtered to just that Notebook.

If you decide to require that all Notes have at least one Tag, you can view all Notes without a tag by doing a search (after clicking on "All Notes") using -tag:*

Hopefully this will help you get started.

Archived