(Archived) how to move notes to another notebook

ekajati

Here's the steps:

1) open the note you wish to move

2) select the Edit option (Menu>Edit)

3) select the Notebook icon (located in the topbar of the note)

4) choose the desired target Notebook from the list that displays

Not exactly what I'd call an "intuitive" process! Evernote has a slick look and feel but it's woefully weak on basic file management, especially considering how many years this product has been around. Perhaps my expectations are too high because I've been hearing that Evernote was "it" for many years; and I realize it's new to Android but it seems the development team is trying to reinvent the wheel rather than rely on all the groundwork (OS foundation and functions.) We can create notebooks but can't delete them ... doesn't it seem like those two functions go hand-in-hand?

Here's the steps:

1) open the note you wish to move

2) select the Edit option (Menu>Edit)

3) select the Notebook icon (located in the topbar of the note)

4) choose the desired target Notebook from the list that displays

Not exactly what I'd call an "intuitive" process! Evernote has a slick look and feel but it's woefully weak on basic file management, especially considering how many years this product has been around. Perhaps my expectations are too high because I've been hearing that Evernote was "it" for many years; and I realize it's new to Android but it seems the development team is trying to reinvent the wheel rather than rely on all the groundwork (OS foundation and functions.) We can create notebooks but can't delete them ... doesn't it seem like those two functions go hand-in-hand?

Thank you so much for explaining! I had actually worked it out again after hours of scratching my head but thanks anyway. And thanks also for seconding my feelings on Evernote's weaknesses. I also think they released the Android version far too soon - so far their claims of handwriting recognition and web clipping have not worked on my handset and they aren't in any great hurry to explain to me how to use those so they do work. I feel it's all a storm in a teacup and I wouldn't be that much worse off if I just used the simple, honest-to-goodness HTC notes app. So far I am vastly underwhelmed by EN. Thanks again.

Archived