(Archived) User unfriendly

I'm beginning to think EN is more trouble than it's worth. I have to sign in to 3 different places, I can't clip because I keep getting a message that I have to sign in (!), it doesn't recognise my handwriting in a photograph of handwritten page, the instructions on evernote.com are very sketchy and unclear, the workings actually on the phone (android) are also very unuser friendly. The support email system is very bad too. This might be great for super tech-savvy developers etc but not convinced of the usefulness for a humble layperson like me! I'll give it a bit longer and then switch back to htc's notes app!

Instead of posting about how you think it's more trouble than it's worth it might be more productive to post and explain in detail what issues you are experiencing so people can offer advice to help you solve your issues. For example, when you say that you have to sign in to 3 different places it doesn't compute. I have EN installed on my PC, iPad, Android and even a spare Blackberry phone and I don't have to sign into any of them. I mean sure, you sign in the very first time you ever use it, but after that you never have to sign in again.

Instead of posting about how you think it's more trouble than it's worth it might be more productive to post and explain in detail what issues you are experiencing so people can offer advice to help you solve your issues. For example, when you say that you have to sign in to 3 different places it doesn't compute. I have EN installed on my PC, iPad, Android and even a spare Blackberry phone and I don't have to sign into any of them. I mean sure, you sign in the very first time you ever use it, but after that you never have to sign in again.

Hi

I tried but no one seems to address the problems I have other than moving notes. I sign in to the main EN website, to my own page, and on my handset (htc wildfire). Yet when I try to clip (from firefox) I get a message that I have to sign in first, from one of the icons that I have. The other icon, if I right click it it gives me various options. If I try one of them I just get a black blank screen (it does go to my phone, but as a black square). If I try the other (clipboard) I get a little screenshot of the webpage I want, which is next to useless because even expanding it one can't see anything too well.

The other problem is that it can't recognise my handwriting in a photo, which it is supposed to.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but if so it isn't at all clear what I should be doing! I am waiting for the support team to get back to me on the clipping, they have asked me to make a shared notebook with the handwriting photo for them to have a look at. It's frustrating because I can see the potential, but with so many glitches and completely counter intuitive operation modes I can see I'll be using about 1% of the potential, if any, at the end of the day. Unless by some miracle someone can help me resolve all these queries!

You joined the board two days ago & already, these are only some of the things you've posted:

Hating EN more and more by the hour.
I'm getting very very fed up with this programme...
The support system is completely useless.
I'm beginning to think EN is more trouble than it's worth.

People tend to be less inclined to spend the time helping someone who has a predisposition to dislike the product.

Please submit a support request at http://www.evernote.com/about/contact/support/ and the support team will be happy to help you.

Cheers

The support system is completely useless. Their automated thing tells me to go to help then activity log. If I go to help on my web page NO activity log comes up, just the page with instructions of how to contact support!!!

IF you click on the link to create a support ticket, you can submit a support ticket. (See my sig for more info.)

I have to sign in to 3 different places, I can't clip because I keep getting a message that I have to sign in (!),

At most, you only need to be signed into Evernote two places - the dekstop (if you're using a desktop client) and maybe the clipper. I don't use the FF clipper, but I know Chrome clipper requires you to sign in on a regular basis. Signing into this message board is totally irrelevant since the message board login is independent from your EN account.

I am waiting for the support team to get back to me on the clipping, they have asked me to make a shared notebook with the handwriting photo for them to have a look at.

So how is it that support is useless? It appears they are trying to work with you on this. Also, FYI, free users get support as time permits. That's pretty much the SOP for many services/apps.

"Signing into this message board is totally irrelevant since the message board login is independent from your EN account."

OK, there's a fixable problem right there. Glad you identified it so well.

From a support perspective we are working on launching a brand new knowledge base system and a new portal that makes it easier to submit a support ticket. Also not that it affects the customers we are rolling out a new back end ticket system too that is more scalable and will help with the increased volume of tickets we are seeing. Regarding responding to tickets, we respond to all Premium Customers within 24 hours and then where time permits we respond to free customer tickets, usually within 3 days.

Archived