(Archived) Sharing notebooks that individuals can edit?

Hello,

Sorry I've done a search but can't find the answer. If I send a note to someone (as a Premium member), will s/he be able to edit the note without having an Evernote account? For example, if I share a note to Joe Schmoe at joe@schmoe.com, which isn't an Evernote member at all, will he be able to modify the note without having to register an account with Evernote?

Thanks!

Which bit made you think that people who don't have an account can edit notes?

This area here which I've highlighted in the sharing setting makes it sound like anyone on the invitation list can modify, delete, etc. As a new user of Evernote, this sounds a little deceptive.

modify-notebook.jpg

• Level 5*

I can see that you are talking to Dave on this thread -http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25221

So I'll assume Big Chief Techie will be able to sort you out.

Just a note for anyone else looking for an answer to this, I just received confirmation from EN tech support that this is not possible...which is an absolute bummer.

I would really love to give someone access to my notes without having them go through hoops in doing so. Hopefully this will change in the future.

Just a note for anyone else looking for an answer to this, I just received confirmation from EN tech support that this is not possible...which is an absolute bummer.

I would really love to give someone access to my notes without having them go through hoops in doing so. Hopefully this will change in the future.

Could you please clarify?

Based on Dave's response in the related thread it would appear that the person to whom you share the Notebooks need only have you provide the proper permission, and the standard (non-premium) version of Evernote.

This seems simple enough.

Sorry, I'm referring to sending an invite with a premium subscription, to someone that doesn't have an Evernote account at all, that's viewing the note via browser.

For example, I share a note to a non EN account holder (let's call him Joe) from my EN client. I put in Joe's email in my client for him to get an invite to allow him to modify the note.

Joe gets an email from me that reads:

This is an invitation to view and edit my Evernote notebook: General.

Click the link below to go to the notebook.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s63/share/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Evernote / Remember everything. / www.evernote.com

Joe clicks on that link in the email which opens his browser to my note, which is read only. There's no way Joe can modify this note, unless he registers with EN and gets a regular account.

It would be nice if Joe could just edit the note right off the bat, but he actually has to register for an EN account.

Archived