(Archived) iPhone and thumbnails

Hi all

Is there a way to display a list view on the iPhone rather than the thumbnail view. It seems to me that with the limited screen real estate and the font size for the note titles, the thumbnail just takes up far to much room.

Thanks

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

I see this as an issue as well.

I currently use both mobile GUIs on my iphone, switching between as needed.

The 'Evernote mobile' GUI gives me a better list view, without the useless (IMHO) thumbnails,

but having the 'menu' items at the bottom is a pain to navigation and starting a 'quick note'.

It would be desirable to have the good features of both GUIs in the same one.

I realize why I can't edit notes on my iPhone (HTML),

but I've been separating my notebooks by content.

I have an 'iPhone' notebook which consists of plain text notes only.

I'd really like to be able to edit plain text notes like I can in the iPhone's native notes app.

I'm eagerly awaiting a native iPhone app.

As a Mac user, I'm relatively new to Evernote & lovin it!

Dirtbagg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Perhaps the squeaky wheel gets the oil??

The iphone app would be so much more useful if it had a list view.

Imagine being able to see more than three notes at a time!!

Take a look at Appigo Notebook (which synchs to Toodledo) for a nice iphone gui.

I'm still hangin' with Evernote, but I don't see why this should be so difficult.

Please, Dave, make it happen...

Dirtbagg

I am a new user just discovering Evernote. The very first thing that struck me earlier this week when I downloaded the iPhone Evernote App is the useless thumbnails view. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to enable the List View before realising there wasnt one!

A simple List view is desperately needed . . . nice bold letters like the native Contacts app or pretty much every other iPhone ap.

I am really surprised to see this on here as a feature request going back to middle of last year! You would also think that precious bandwidth would be saved . . .

I am a new user just discovering Evernote. The very first thing that struck me earlier this week when I downloaded the iPhone Evernote App is the useless thumbnails view. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to enable the List View before realising there wasnt one!

A simple List view is desperately needed . . . nice bold letters like the native Contacts app or pretty much every other iPhone ap.

I am really surprised to see this on here as a feature request going back to middle of last year! You would also think that precious bandwidth would be saved . . .

I am exactly the same ... I would have written this post, word-for-word, if it wasn't already here. Please can we have a list view asap. Apart from that, great app ... keep up the good work!

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived