(Archived) change notebook status from shared

zagyzebra

Idea

I can't figure out how to change the status of a notebook from shared to unshared. Is there a way to do this? Often times, I'll set up a notebook and it will automatically default to shared, when I all I want is one that's static on my computer only. Can't figure out how to change the status back to static, or unshared.

12 replies to this idea

Yeah, I've done that, though it seemed like a bit of a workaround. Well that leads me to my next question:

How do I delete Notebooks? If I click on a Notebook I want to get rid of, the Delete option is gray (unusable). I'm guessing this is a bonus you get with a paid subscription, unavailable to all of us free-loaders??

Yup...I've searched the forums before for an answer on how to delete notebooks on Macs and tried your suggestion previously. Unfortunately, highlighting the notebook I want to eliminate, and then doing command+click accomplishes nothing. Any other suggestions?

• Level 5*

When you say nothing..... do you mean no menu appears? Or the Delete Notebook option on the menu is greyed out and unavailable?

Have you tried logging into evenote.com and deleting the notebook?

• Level 5*

Sorry - I should have spotted it earlier. The awesome BnF so rarely makes a mistake :)

If you are on a newish Mac with the glass touchpad you can also click with 2 fingers to get a right click.

Archived