(Archived) Offline transferring of notes from V2.2 on PC to V3 on Mac

Hi all,

I am transferring from PC to Mac and would like to move all my notes from Evernote V2.2 over to the Mac. My understanding is that the only way to do this is to upgrade from V2.2 to V3 on the PC and then upload all my notes. Finally, I download my notes from my Mac.

However, I am concerned about storing my notes online. I prefer to use evernote offline only. My notes include personal information like bank account numbers and passwords, so I want to keep them private.

Is there any way to perform the transfer without moving all my notes to the web?

thanks,

--andrew

I am transferring from PC to Mac and would like to move all my notes from Evernote V2.2 over to the Mac. My understanding is that the only way to do this is to upgrade from V2.2 to V3 on the PC and then upload all my notes. Finally, I download my notes from my Mac.

Yes, you're right.

However, I am concerned about storing my notes online. I prefer to use evernote offline only. My notes include personal information like bank account numbers and passwords, so I want to keep them private.

Is there any way to perform the transfer without moving all my notes to the web?

If you transfer your notes to Mac via web sync, and then move all your notes into the local notebook, the notes will be wiped out from the server. We are concerned about your privacy and playing fair game here. If this is still not an option for you, you will have to wait for XML import/export to be implemented on both Windows and Mac client, to transfer your notes in offline mode. I can't give you ETA on this feature, but may assure that it is among top priorities.

Archived