(Archived) Searching highlights the matches but darkens the rest.

Mata Hari

Idea

When searching in the Mac version, the search matches are highlighted on a dark background

This is quite disturbing for my eyes. In the Windows version, the search matches are highlighted in yellow and the rest of the text is not darkened. This is much easier to view. Is there any option for this in the Mac ?

23 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm just an Evernote user, not an employee, I don't in fact receive anything for the little that I do on here which mainly involves deleting spam and spammers and trying to help users who have problems.

Just rereading my last post, it does seem that I am really taking the mickey out of you (and I was), but your attitude since you started posting on here has been a little interesting to say the least.

Good luck with your new application.

• Level 5*
Many programs (I don't know if all) have their "Evangelists"- But they would also need "Anti Evangelists" so that people would see both sides of the coin. I could accept an offer for "Anti Evangelist of EN", if someone would pay me for that. I have been criticizing other programs aswell. Always met the kind of derrogative replies as you can read from BurgersNFries. so I am not surprized. No matter how stupid a program was, it always had supporters.

Storries aside; I had correspondence with EN Support and they admitted the limitations of EN. most of which I have mentioned

My take on the Evangelist job it's to try to help people find solutions to their problems, and part of that is acknowledging when Evernote doesn't do what people want it to do (or Evernote's limitations, if you will), and trying to find a way to work around those situations, if it's possible. But I was pretty much doing this before I was offered the Evangelist badge, and that why Dave made the offer. In the interest of full disclosure, at the time, Dave was kind enough to upgrade me from freemium status to year's Premium subscription (I would have subscribed eventually), and later gave me several year Premium subscriptions to hand out, but other than that, I get no compensation. That's just my deal; I have no idea about anyone else, and truthfully, I don't think that it changes much in terms of my participation here.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't mean that I can't criticize Evernote's programs (I have), though I tend to say things like "if Evernote had feature 'x', then that would be easier" rather than "Evernote should have feature 'x', how could they have missed this?". I really think that Evernote thinks that constructive criticism is helpful. I'm not sure if you're serious about being an Anti-Evangelist, though I can't think that this would be a title that Evernote would ever bestow on anyone. On the other hand, there is the notion of "Ombudsman" which might be closer to what you're intending.

Many programs (I don't know if all) have their "Evangelists"- But they would also need "Anti Evangelists" so that people would see both sides of the coin. I could accept an offer for "Anti Evangelist of EN", if someone would pay me for that. I have been criticizing other programs aswell. Always met the kind of derrogative replies as you can read from BurgersNFries. so I am not surprized. No matter how stupid a program was, it always had supporters.

Storries aside; I had correspondence with EN Support and they admitted the limitations of EN. most of which I have mentioned

Your thoughts of the program have nothing to do with being a moderator. Your trollish posts likely do, though.

And no, moderators do not get paid. We volunteer our time to help others with questions/problems they are seeking answers for & keep the spam at bay.

BTW, to clarify - someone can post negative things about a program & not be considered a troll. Trolls do it for the sole purpose of starting arguments.

Given minkowski's hatred for Evernote, I doubt he/she would want to be a moderator.

Given minkowski's posts that certainly have a trollish tendency (and why I never respond to them), I doubt he/she would be given moderator status.

• Level 5*

I don't know the actual requirements. One day Dave Engberg got in touch and asked me if I'd like to be an evangelist. Later, the evangelists became forum moderators, but there's at least one non-evangelist who is also a forum moderator. You could ask them...

I wanted to add you to my Foes (if you don't mind) but the system refused.

System said:

"You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list."

This means you are either administrator or moderator. So come on, put your cards on the table and tell

me who you are ?

• Level 5*

I find you truly amusing, so thank you.

EN is *****. Why don't you admit that? After a 2 months using EN,

I realize it was time wasted and so I am in crisis.

Just look at my topics f ex "Annoyances with EN" and make a comment on that, rather than ridiculing me.

All this means that I am trying to GET RID OF EN and that is what I recommend you too !

Because there is no chance that the bugs will be corrected. Never. That is not how EN staff works.

Any kind of criticism will always be rejected and ridiculed.

As for the simplenote app, there seems to be downloads for Ipad, Ipod and Iphone but not for MacOS

You continue to amuse - so thanks for the time you are investing in being so entertaining.

I'd like to help with your 'crisis', but I'm afraid you've used up any goodwill I had towards you and your problems.

Please post and let me know which application you move to so I can join the support forum and continue to enjoy the trials and tribulations of your life.

Good luck!!

• Level 5*

You remain my favourite forummer.

You ask for info on product updates, I supply a link, you decide that there is nothing interesting there.

You moan and complain about Evernote and say that you want to use something else, yet don't appear to have the skill/ability/drive to find something else.

I find you truly amusing, so thank you.

Here's a suggestion - http://simplenoteapp.com/ - give that a go. You might even like it.

• Level 5*

Just telling you what is currently available.

Given the frequency of updates across multiple platforms I am a little surprised that you consider Evernote to be conservative.

Given the number of issues you have with the application, I'm a little surprised that you haven't found an alternative application that meets your requirements.

Archived