(Archived) FIXED - Migrating to new machine fails

Ronald Pottol

Idea

I opened a support request, and after going back and forth a few times, they linked me to a beta release that has fixed the issue, it works just fine (note, running 32 bit now for other reasons, but it was failing the same way in 64 bit).

#########

I got a new MBP 17 (thunderbolt) and used the migration utility to move everything over from my MBP 15 (pre unibody, but still a core 2 duo). Both are running 10.6.7.

Evernote will not work on the new machine. It sync and such, a progress bar crawls along for a few min, then at the end, I get a message about an internal database

error has occurred, then, a few seconds later, vanishes.

I downloaded, removed the migrated (current 2.1.0 version) version, reinstalled, removed the ~/Library/ stuff, created a new account on my machine (so clean), ran Evernote, it downloaded everything, and then went through he same process and got the same message.

At this point, I can try a clean OS X install, let it download my data, and see if that works. I do have a full backup if anyone has any thoughts about looking at one thing or another. I'm a bit of a Unix geek, I can install xcode or dtrace, and run them if anyone has thoughts about debuging this.

Thanks,

Ron

Update, I wiped and reinstalled OS X, downloaded Evernote with Safari, installed, and yup, same thing.

################

Evernote has a new beta that fixes this:

We have *just* released an update that should address this:

We believe that the latest Mac pre-release version may address the issue that you reported. Please accomplish the following:

Quit Evernote from the elephant icon in the Menu Bar

Drag the Evernote application to the system Trash

Reboot your Mac

Download and install this pre-release version of the Mac client:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... releaseMac

When you open our .dmg, make sure to drag the Evernote icon into the Applications folder instead of running it from within the installer package.

Eject the disk image and delete the installer file before you run Evernote.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived