(Archived) Offline Premium Usage?

premiumofflineusage

Idea

I'm searching for a Microsoft OneNote Replacement on the Mac. It looks like the Premium version of Evernote has promise, but I do not wish to store my information in the cloud.

I KNOW I don't have to register.

I KNOW I can create local Notebooks.

I KNOW I can disable sync.

But HOW CAN I purchase the software to get the "Premium" functionality without having to subscribe to a service I don't wish to use?

Is there an option to use Evernote Premium offline?

5 replies to this idea

I'm searching for a Microsoft OneNote Replacement on the Mac. It looks like the Premium version of Evernote has promise, but I do not wish to store my information in the cloud.

I KNOW I don't have to register. (Yes, YES, you do.)

I KNOW I can create local Notebooks.

I KNOW I can disable sync.

But HOW CAN I purchase the software to get the "Premium" functionality without having to subscribe to a service I don't wish to use?

Is there an option to use Evernote Premium offline?

Evernote is primarily a service. A cloud service. The software is free. You MUST register for an account to use it. If you don't want to use the cloud, the premium service may still be valuable to you since you can add any file type and have larger notes. But the true value is in using the cloud. If you still want premium service w/o the cloud, you simply pay for premium service but have all your notebooks as local/non-synced. You do have to have at least one sync'd notebook but that's easily achieved with a token notebook with one or two token notes.

[...]

I KNOW I don't have to register. (Yes, YES, you do.)

[...]

Evernote is primarily a service. [...] If you still want premium service w/o the cloud, you simply pay for premium service but have all your notebooks as local/non-synced.

To your first point in RED I've been using Evernote without Registering online with offline notebooks. So I'm not technically or programmatically forced to do so because I'm doing it that way now. So I think, No, NO, I don't.

I understand Evernote is a service. It's actually a service I don't wish to use. But the software is excellent, which I do want to use. The FREE version of the software is crippled. I was asking if there was another option of getting premium functionality WITHOUT signing up for a service I don't need.

If not, the cost of using Evernote for how I want to use it is prohibitive and that really stinks. A one time fee of $45 or $60 for the software is one thing... a reoccurring cost of $45 or $60 per year is absurd.

Does anyone know if there are other options available? Can a license be purchased without signing up for a service?

To your first point in RED I've been using Evernote without Registering online with offline notebooks. So I'm not technically or programmatically forced to do so because I'm doing it that way now. So I think, No, NO, I don't.

Then you are using a MUCH older version of EN Windows. Since 3.1 (Windows) and any other versions (Mac included), EN has been a service & YES, you must register to use it. Period.

I showed you a way to use the service to suit the needs you outlined. Apparently that's still not acceptable to you. I don't know why. Nor do I care. But that's the way it is. You can use the software FOR FREE. If you want premium features (even if you don't use the cloud), you must pay for them monthly/annually. At the risk of being redundant, EN the service is a service & is not payware.

Then you are using a MUCH older version of EN. Since 3.1 (Windows) and any other versions (Mac included), EN has been a service & YES, you must register to use it. Period.

I downloaded it just last week from the Mac App Store. Maybe it's a requirement of Apple's Terms to have the program hosted there? I know you can't have serial numbers or registration schemes to have software hosted there. Who knows.

That stinks. I wish Microsoft would hurry up and port OneNote to the Mac. If anyone else knows something different, please share. Thanks.

Archived