(Archived) Can't upgrade to 3.0 version

DrWho453

I have the Evernote 2.6.2 and when I try to do the upgrade, I get a message saying the installation was unsuccessful Unkown Error -17. I tried uninstalling the old version and installing the new version but it still gave the same error so I had to restore the old version using the Titanium backup. I am running on a rooted NC using the original Android 2.1 opsys and have AVG Antivirus and Lookout installed. I had no problems installing the older version so I don't know what has changed to cause the new version to not install. I like the program so until 3.0 works, I will have to stick to the 2.6.2 version

Identical issue on a Flytouch II. Ver 2.1, Lookout malware scanner. Was able to upgrade one time but it broke after Market attempted to upgrade. Restored from Ti backup. Same issue with Amazon store.

-- Doug

Restored ver 2.6.x

On my HTC Desire the application was flagged as having an update available, so I let it update but that ended with an error message saying it wasn't successful, and left me without a working EN!

I had to uninstall completely and install the 3.0 version, and I'm still in the process of re-synching all of my 8.5K notes.

On my HTC Desire the application was flagged as having an update available, so I let it update but that ended with an error message saying it wasn't successful, and left me without a working EN!

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have already fixed this and released 3.0.1 version on Android Market.

I would advise you to complete the sync (which should be much faster on 3.0) and then upgrade to 3.0.1.

If you see any issues then we would be happy to look into it.

Thanks,

Hemant

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have already fixed this and released 3.0.1 version on Android Market.

I would advise you to complete the sync (which should be much faster on 3.0) and then upgrade to 3.0.1.

If you see any issues then we would be happy to look into it.

Thanks,

Hemant

It was 3.0.1 that I finally hand-installed, so I am up-to-date now, thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Can each of you give us this information about your installation (I know some of you have already given us some of this info, but just easier to keep it all in one post):

1. Was the working copy of Evernote installed on flash memory or the SD card when the upgrade failed.

2. Could you have been running an Alpha or Beta version of the software and then tried to upgrade directly to the Market build?

3. Do you have Google Maps installed?

4. What version of Android is your device running?

5. Device make and model.

We really appreciate the additional info since we want to make sure that other people don't experience the same issues you have.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jess

Had the same problem with the update - had an older version of Evernote running, tried to update to version 3.01 and got the install error message "error -17". Uninstalled the running version (I know I know . . . stupid :roll: ) and tried to install the update again. Again it failed with the same error. Now, unfortunately, I have no working Evernote on my device . . :)

Here's the requested info:

1. as far as I know installed on the flash memory

2. no - I was running the version that was on the Android Market about 3-4 weeks ago (I believe version 2.6)

3. yes - Google Maps is installed

4. Android 2.1

5. Barnes and Noble NookColor (rooted)

Thanks - hope you guys find the information useful and come up with a fix.

I had downloaded the 2.6.2 free version from the market and it installed on to the SD card.

It was the latest version on the market site before the 3.0 came out.

I do not have google maps installed as far as I know. I could not find it listed anywhere in the app sections.

I am running 2.1 of the android operating system.

I am on a rooted Nook Color. I tried 3.0 and 3.1 and got the same error message. I tried uninstalling the program and still have the same problem. I have restored the 2.6.2 version using Titanium Backup so I could still use evernote.

Just to give you guys a further update. . . .

I managed to download the version 2.6.2 apk from one of the on-line Android sites. It installed with no problem on my NookColor and is functioning fine. So it looks like there is something in the 3.01 update that breaks the install and/or update process on the NookColor.

I've got an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2, trying to upgrade to 3.0.1. I go to the market, click the Update button, it downloads, but then I get this error when it is trying to install, "Package file was not signed correctly." I've been getting this for several days now. I've sent a tweet to @evernote, but no reply. Any idea what's going on? Is it a problem with my Incredible? My current Evernote version says, Build: 126768 Version: 2.6.1(public) Network Operator: 31000/Verizon Wireless

Thanks!

Archived