Can't delete notebooks

pulawsky

I have upgraded my Evernote to the newest version, and now I can't delete notebooks by the program. I have to do this on web application. When I press "Delete" I can see window without any text - white background - with one tick box.

And when I press "OK" there is nothing happened. The same problem is when I want to make my bin empty. Just can't.

pulawsky,

We can not reproduce this issue on our side.

It would be great if you could provide more details: your operating system, Evernote version, account type (free/premium) and size (number of notebooks and notes). It's also not clear which window you are referring to. Is that a dialog box or the main application window?

Thanks

I have upgraded my Evernote to the newest version, and now I can't delete notebooks by the program. I have to do this on web application. When I press "Delete" I can see window without any text - white background - with one tick box.

And when I press "OK" there is nothing happened. The same problem is when I want to make my bin empty. Just can't.

You're not clicking the delete at the top of the screen, right? That's for notes. If you want to delete a notebook, I think you have to right click on the notebook, then click delete.

have to do this on web application. When I press "Delete" I can see window without any text - white background - with one tick box.

And when I press "OK" there is nothing happened.

I've noticed the same beahoviour.

It is impossible to delete notebooks by selecting them and use "delete" from right-click menu. It is a possibility to delete them in the web interface, but I have some notebooks which remaining after import from MS OneNote (they are marked with grey icon).

Some technical info:

Eevernote 4.3.0.4368 (139823) Public

Account free

Windows 7 64bit

Regards,

Kuba

I have had a similar problem ever since I have upgraded to the latest version. And today I realized I cant delete any tags anymore, nor can I empty the dustbin. Whenever I try to delete an item from the dustbin there appears a window the content of which cannot be read. If I press "ok" nothing happens.

Marcelo

If you have this problem on your PC, can you please say what language you are using on Windows? We believe that this may be related to a broken translation message in at least one language (Polish).

Thanks

• 3 years later...

When I press "Delete" I can see window without any text - white background - with one tick box.

Hi,

i just downloaded evernote the first time to try (free account) and i have exactly a.m. problem.

As mentioned before this looks like a language setting problem:

Windows: english

Evernote: german

Is there a way to solve this? or do i have to run evernote in english :(  (looks like its working when i switch back to english)

thanks in advance

br

Grisu

If you have this problem on your PC, can you please say what language you are using on Windows? We believe that this may be related to a broken translation message in at least one language (Polish).

Thanks

Ah! This is the solution! :-)

Changed from "German" to "English" - all things seems to work fine. Thank you! (Windows 7, 64 bit, EN 5.7.0)

Archived