(Archived) REQUEST: Ink Notes on Android Honeycomb - Xoom

Randomness

I've been an evernote premium user for about 2 years now - I love the ink note capability on the windows version of evernote that I use on a fujitsu convertible notebook. I also have an android honeycomb xoom - it's a great tablet that is begging for ink capture as well. I use evernote as my primary note taking / initial drafting / universal note capture / idea warehouse and having ink capture on my xoom would be fabulous.

Is this in the evernote android-honeycomb roadmap at all? If not, I'd like to request the feature since it would incredibly helpful and I think the xoom is a great platform for it.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Agreed. In fact, my plea would be that you make the tablet and phone apps as close to the windows version as possible. It's difficult to continously recalibrate the mind to efficiently utilize the features available in the various versions.

I will add my support to the requests, including making the windows and tablet versions identical. The reason I am using Evernote is to share/access information between the platforms. Not having the same capabilities reductes the benefits/attractiveness of Evernote.

+1 as well. Even though I know there aren't good solutions at the moment, I bought my Xoom with great hope of using it to replace hand-written notes someday, and the ideal solution would be if Evernote supported it natively.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I too am really looking for a good "Ink Note" feature. I sit in meetings often and dont like taking the notes and then photographing them to stick them in a notebook. It would be AWESOME if I could just take the notes on my tablet.

• 2 weeks later...

I would LOVE to see this feature integrated natively into the Android app.

Currently I'm using the free "Hello Note" app by Alan L. to fill this need. This app allows one to create notes by writing or drawing with the finger. One can scroll horizontally to create notes that are bigger than the screen and note colors can be changed. It's a very basic app for writing/drawing with the finger. It does have a "Share" option on the menu so I can send a particular note to Evernote. This will then show up in Evernote as a note with an image file attached. Although it can't be edited in Evernote, this is as close as I've been able to come to being able to jot quick notes and drawings like this.

Evernote! Yes other apps like NOTE EVERYTHING are inking! Paintnote is noteeverythings version. We love Evernote and would like the see the full ability on the tablets. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and would like to see (Ink Notes) on Android Honeycomb as well. It is the future and lets skate to where the puck is going to be before it gets there. Thanks :(

• 2 weeks later...

jakemerrell, thanks for sharing a link to notes plus. That application alone

makes me want to trade my Asus Transformer for iPad.

I was looking for such application on Android for a long time but haven't found it yet.

But I still hope that Evernote will eventually come up with a good "Ink Notes" support.

In addition to being a premium subscriber I would certainly pay extra for this feature...

• 1 month later...
I could not find an option in ever note to use a stylus. Also I could not find a decent note taking app that would utilize my stylus. So I'm going to try and make one.

Only reasonable stylus I've found is the Adonit Jot... Works the best of all I've tried... The tablet and the screen protector play a part as well... I'm going thru all the handwriting note apps now -- so far, FreeNotes and Tab Notes seem the best. I'm on CM 7.0.3 (a 2.3 variant), so I can't try what I've heard are really good ones on HC 3.1 -- Antipaper Notes HD, and Writepad Stylus...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to point out, the new HTC Jetstream Android tablet comes with a stylus and a note-taking app that is actually built on the Evernote API, so it's totally integrated. And the stylus is a N-trig Duosense stylus, which means it takes the guesswork out of the software. I can actually tell the difference between writing with the stylus versus touching with your finger, so it doesn't have to have fancy (read: quirky and unreliable) code for doing palm rejection.

And the stylus has 2 buttons on it. Write normally and get ink pen-looking writing on the screen. Hold down one button and write and it makes the stylus into a highlighter. Hold the other button and write and the stylus is an eraser.

I have played with a Jetstream a couple of times now, just going into an AT&T store to try them. The handwritten note-taking ability looks like it works pretty darn well. And, as you'd expect from an Evernote client, you can also type input, paste in images, etc..

The only other Android tablets on the market that use this stylus technology are the HTC Flyer and the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet. I don't know if the Flyer is integrated with Evernote. It's only a 7" screen, so it's a non-starter for me for taking notes. And the Thinkpad is definitely not integrated with Evernote. But, it's a lot less expensive than the Jetstream and it has a couple of different Market apps that supposedly take advantage of the stylus hardware and work pretty well. And at least one of those has an Export to Evernote function. Not as nice as tight integration, but might be worth using, over spending the extra for the Jetstream.

Now if the Evernote guys would just get the Jetstream app and make it work on all Android tablets, then let us have it. I'd even pay for it!

I don't know if this qualifies as a temporary work around or not.

On my Xoom, once i have chosen "New Note", I get to pick the type of note. Since I have "Skitch" installed, it is one of my choices(the heart). I can then write a note and share it back to EN.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking something similar to what is shown in this video: http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/24/supernote-lets-you-take-some-pretty-super-notes-on-your-asus-tab/

Ink notes in line with typed notes would be an awesome feature making Evernote even stronger note taking application! Currently I have to attach images I want and they aren't located within the text so its usefulness is limited.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

+100 !!

With arrival of Galaxy Note the Ink notes is must be feature. Also I would like to see them embedded directly into Evernote (make it pluggable or something)...

This is not very effective way of use - jumping between Skich and Evernote.

Mobile platform is about using your fingers / pens. So taking a handwritten note (ink or not) has to be the central feature of mobile Evernote and integration with other types of notes has to be seamless (user shouldnt even know the 'types' etc).

The one who creates this kind of experience will win this piece of market instantly. If not you then OneNote or someone new.

You should really wear a business user shoes to understand that.

• 3 months later...

Archived