(Archived) Query about note sharing

If you share a Notebook with someone else by name, and if you are Premium, then you can give your friend access to that Notebook so that he can edit and add notes to that Notebook. Your friend doesn't need a Premium account.

If you share an individual note to Facebook/Twitter/etc., then that individual note is "read only" and only you can edit it.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out how to change the Access setting on a shared notebook that is mine (I am a Premium user). I want to allow the people I share with to add to the notebook. Help!

The existing invitations have a fixed set of permissions, but you can send a new invitation to the same email address with the additional permissions if you are Premium.

I am trying to figure out how to change the Access setting on a shared notebook that is mine (I am a Premium user). I want to allow the people I share with to add to the notebook. Help!

I recently posted something about this as well. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26199

From what it sounds like, your friend needs a basic Evernote account to make edits to the notebook via the browser. I'm relatively new to Evernote, so I may be completely wrong. It would be really nice if you can specify who can make edits to your notebook without also having that person having an EN account.

The existing invitations have a fixed set of permissions, but you can send a new invitation to the same email address with the additional permissions if you are Premium.

I'm confused. How do you send and new invitation with new permissions?

You should be able to just send a new invitation to that email address, just like you sent the original one. but when you send this one, specify different permissions.

Thanks. It worked.

You should be able to just send a new invitation to that email address, just like you sent the original one. but when you send this one, specify different permissions.

I'm sorry engberg, but I'm still not able to get this to work. I'm still seeing the same permission set when I send a second email. I've been a free member for a few months and just purchased a Premium account the other day. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ ... k-full.jpg

When the user clicks on the link in the email, he's taken to the page, but does not have the option to edit the notebook. Does the other person need to be an EN member as well??

Any help would be great

Archived