(Archived) "Customize Toolbar" changes are not persitent in note view

kgeter

Idea

I did some searching and found that this has been a known bug for some time (2 years :shock: ). When opening a note in its own window, the icons always revert to the default set, large with text. No amount of Customize Toolbar or Hide Toolbar helps.

The large icons and text take up too much screen real estate. Please (finally) fix this bug in the next release. Thanks.

Running EN 2.0.5 under Mac OS X 10.6.7

4 replies to this idea

I'm a new Evernote user -- and joined the forum just to second this request. Big fancy toolbar is a bit too much for my Macbook screen. Would be great to hide it and have it stay hidden. And since I'm here now... I personally would love the option to hide the other toolbars too. Formatting font and color for each note is not a big part of my workflow. Thanks! :-)

I customize my toolbar in Safari, but the next time I open safari, the toolbar returns to how it was before I customized. I can't seem to find a way of getting my cutomized toolbar to stick.

I'm using the Evernote 'elephant' clipper plugin within the etoolbar - might that be causing this?

I did some searching and found that this has been a known bug for some time (2 years :shock: ). When opening a note in its own window, the icons always revert to the default set, large with text. No amount of Customize Toolbar or Hide Toolbar helps.

The large icons and text take up too much screen real estate. Please (finally) fix this bug in the next release. Thanks.

Running EN 2.0.5 under Mac OS X 10.6.7

I had similar problems in previous versions; however, I find in EN Version 3.0.2 running under Lion, this issue has been fixed.

Lew

I customize my toolbar in Safari, but the next time I open safari, the toolbar returns to how it was before I customized. I can't seem to find a way of getting my cutomized toolbar to stick.

I'm using the Evernote 'elephant' clipper plugin within the etoolbar - might that be causing this?

If you're running Safari 5, you should be using the new Evernote Safari Extension obtained from the Safari Extensions Gallery. Although I have found it doesn't always clip perfectly, I have no toolbar issues.

Lew

Archived