(Archived) Help with notebooks...

kimnlogan

I'm new to evernote but have been playing with the free version for a couple of weeks. I chose the premium version of this over catch note because of the notebooks. Unfortunately I still can't figure out how to add a notebook????? I did figure out how to add one to the online version and it 'seems' to carry over to my android but I can't save a note into it????? Can someone please give me a basic tutorial on notebooks???

You may not be able to. I don't think you can add notebooks on the iPhone version, either. (Or tags.)

EDIT: You can create a notebook in the iPhone version. You have to go to the create a note screen, then select the notebook option & at the top, you can create a new notebook. I don't know if the Android version works similarly or not.

Well I did finally figure out how to use a notebook once it;s synced with my phone (from the online version)... i make the note and THEN choose the notebook.. can't do it the other way around (weird and a bit annoying but at least I can get them to work). BUT still have to ADD the notebooks from the internet/desktop. Arrgh! I wouldn't have paid for premium if I had known this. Grr.

BUT still have to ADD the notebooks from the internet/desktop. Arrgh! I wouldn't have paid for premium if I had known this. Grr.

Easy now, it's work in progress. Try the latest 3.0 Beta / Release Candidate. You can create new notebooks from that version: http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25073#p106792

Direct download from phone: http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

/Jesper

Well.. I saw this post before but I can't figure out how to download this. I am not very accomplished at unzipping. I had and unzip program but honestly couldn't remember how to use it. So I found a recommended one today and installed it (7-zip) and I REALLY can't figure out how to use this one at all. If someone can help me unzip it ???

Also, if you navigate into a notebook and then hit the new note button, the note will automatically be placed into that notebook with the newer builds.

Hi Jess.

New to the forum.

I’m looking for assistance with what you stated about creating a new note while within a notebook.

On iPhone4 but I had assumed that if I chose a previously created notebook and the hit the + to create a new note, the note would be created in that notebook. However when I create any new note, no matter if I am in a notebook or not, it defaults to the same notebook all the time?

Is there a setting I need to change or anything?

Thanks.

Hi Jess.

New to the forum.

I’m looking for assistance with what you stated about creating a new note while within a notebook.

On iPhone4 but I had assumed that if I chose a previously created notebook and the hit the + to create a new note, the note would be created in that notebook. However when I create any new note, no matter if I am in a notebook or not, it defaults to the same notebook all the time?

Is there a setting I need to change or anything?

Thanks.

Mine does the same thing.

Archived