(Archived) I want Evernote - Dropbox Integration

myagci

Idea

This is what Evernote CEO said last year:

Question: I use Evernote for many things but for certain projects and files I use another great application: Dropbox. Will we see an Evernote with virtual disc capacity to store and synchronize files?

Answer: "I love Dropbox and use them all the time. We’re quite friendly with them and hope to do an integration soon. I think an Evernote / Dropbox solution would be pretty great!"

I'd like this happening very very quickly. I'm a premium user of both services and prepared to pay double premium for such an integration.

6 replies to this idea

This is another example of an evangelist trying to argue that a user's request is unreasonable. Why not just let the question play out?

Oh, please. (eye roll) The question is valid. And it's only a question. Nothing was said about it being unreasonable except by you. Not only do I wonder why someone would need this, it was raised by a non-evangelist in this post.

Additionally, here's a response by Evernote CTO, Dave Engberg, on the topic. So if the OP's purpose of the use were explained, perhaps a workaround could be offered up.

This is another example of an evangelist trying to argue that a user's request is unreasonable. Why not just let the question play out?

FWIW - since I'm always on the look out to learn more about how to leverage various technologies (specifically cloud-based solutions), I am interested in the answer to this as well. And it seems like a natural first step of "letting the question play out".

Many times people ask for a specific solution, when it's better to start with the problem they are trying to solve.

So OP - what is the problem you are trying to solve?

Many times people ask for a specific solution, when it's better to start with the problem they are trying to solve.

So OP - what is the problem you are trying to solve?

Indeed! That's the first question that's asked, when your job is to be the problem solver. Sometimes, there are better ways to solve the problem at hand, rather than the specific question being asked.

Archived