(Archived) Evernote for Android 3.0 RC

Hey folks -

Here's a new update for Evernote for Android. The improvements in this version are primarily under-the-hood with improvements which include faster sync, faster note loading, more sync status information, and improved note sharing.

We've also removed the web clipper install. I think we'll have to re-think how that work. Stay tuned.

Give it a try!

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Can you explain using the web clipper steps please? thanks!

Long story short, it doesn't work very well. The web clipper was the same bookmark version that we wrote to work with desktop browser. While it works fine there (you can see some info about it here --

), it doesn't work consistently on mobile due to the constrained screen size. We've got some plans to re-write it as a one-click action for mobile but we decided release 3.0 and put the functionality in a later release.
Can you explain using the web clipper steps please? thanks!

it doesn't work consistently on mobile due to the constrained screen size. We've got some plans to re-write it as a one-click action for mobile but we decided release 3.0 and put the functionality in a later release.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the web clipper works nicely on my Xoom browser. The large screen makes it work just like on the desktop.

The current Android version is much nicer on the big Xoom screen but I am anxiously awaiting a real Honeycomb version of Evernote.

Archived