(Archived) Syncing

When you install the Windows client (http://www.evernote.com/about/download/#a-macwin), you will be prompted for your Evernote username and password. When you enter your account information into the client, it will sync from your PC to the Evernote Beta service. Then, it will automatically sync periodically, or you can hit the "Synchronize" button in the Windows client toolbar to get it to sync immediately.

Thanks for the quick reply. I already have downloaded the windows version and have been using it. I just started with the web version. I have hit the Tools-Syn, but I believe that syncs with my flash drive. I have Windows version 2.2.1.386. Do I need to redownload?

Aha ... the Evernote Beta service comes with a new Evernote Beta for Windows (version 3.0.*). You need to download the new Windows client from the link from my last post. The new client will sync with the service. If you have existing notes in EN 2.2.1, you can import that database into the (separate) database on the new client and try out Evernote Beta to see whether it works for you. You don't need to remove EN 2.2.1 from your computer -- you can have that version plus the Beta on the same PC at the same time.

Archived