How to recover lost text?

Hi everyone,

I'm using Evernote for Mac version 2.0.5, accessing Evernote on the web using Safari 5.0.4 and Firefox 4.0 and syncing to an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.1 and using Evernote Mobile version 4.0.1.

At some point today, I noticed that a significant amount of text was missing from one note on my iPhone, and I didn't intentionally delete any. When I accessed my account on the web page, the text was missing from that note, as well. I haven't archived any of my notes, so is there some other way to recover the missing data from that note?

If I upgrade to Premium, will that allow me to access previous copies of notes that I haven't archived?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Yes, premium users have access to note history. However, IIRC, Heather said the note history is taken about every hour. So if you created/modified the note and it was deleted before the snapshot was taken, note history will not help you. If the missing text is from several hours (or more) earlier, then you should be fine

• 2 years later...
Guest dolphinlee

Hello,

It is true that we may lose some data like texts,contacts etc and often do not know how to recover them.

If you have iCloud or iTunes backups, just recover lost text from the previous backups.

If your backups are not the latest, and you don't want to overwrite the current data on your iPhone, (since iTunes/iCloud Restore will erase all the contents on your iPhone); you just want to find back the missing text only; or you even have no backups, you may need to use an iPhone data recovery software.

• 3 months later...

Well Don't worry my friend you can recover delete messages on iPhone back. You just follow my given step's:-
 ===>First of all connect your device to PC over USB.
 ===>Now Launch iTunes in your PC.
 ===>Select your Device there by clicking on your device.
 ===>After connecting click on Backup & Storage option there.
 ===>Now click on Backup option there.
 ===>Then click on Restore Backup.
 ===>This action will restore deleted data back to your device.
 Hope it helps.......

• 10 months later...
To retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone, you have two solutions in general:

If you have an iTunes backup, you can restore iPhone lost data from iTunes free. To restore from iTunes backup, you need to launch iTunes on the computer and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devic es. You will see a window with all of your backups listed on it. If you don't have an iTunes or iCloud backup, don't worry. Use some more powerful iPhone Data Recovery especially designed for iPhone.

• 8 months later...

I'm new to evernote.  i was using my iphone to create a list.  I accidently highlighted all text, spellcheck displayed a word replacement, and apparently I selected it.  Now my list has been replaced by just a single word:  I'm.   This all happended within about 30 minutes of creating the note.  I use the free version.  The note is still displayed with the one word replacement on my screen.  Is there anyway that I can get my list back or do i start over (which will not be in evernote by the way!)?  thanks

• 11 months later...
  • BSR locked this topic

Archived