(Archived) Can I reduce photo resolution?

blaserbeam

I love Evernote, but have one big gripe. No matter what settings I choose on my DroidX camera, Evernote uses only the full 8MP resolution camera setting. The notes I create via snapshot burn through my space quota very quickly, and by default print so large that it takes four pages to print a single 3" x 6" expense receipt. Under Page Setup, I can zoom out to print smaller, but have to guess how much.

Is there a way for Evernote for Android to change the camera resolution to anything but the maximum?

Thanks for creating such a great product!

• Level 5

Evernote does not alter documents or photos. They want to be sure that what you put into Evernote is what you get out of Evernote. Some people do not agree with this philosophy and would like Evernote to add additional computer code to the program to do additional stuff. Evernote's response has been to direct the users to 3rd party developers than already offer those types of services.

For resizing photos and editing, I use Gimp. It is free, but a bit advanced for just resizing. There are many other programs that do photo sizing.

I wonder why the phone manufacturers don't offer a resizing option. after all, they are the ones who developed the camera.

I love Evernote, but have one big gripe. No matter what settings I choose on my DroidX camera, Evernote uses only the full 8MP resolution camera setting. The notes I create via snapshot burn through my space quota very quickly, and by default print so large that it takes four pages to print a single 3" x 6" expense receipt. Under Page Setup, I can zoom out to print smaller, but have to guess how much.

Camera resolution is controlled by the Camera app.

You can try - eCamera app from Android market. They let you choose a resolution before capturing a pic.

Thanks,

Hemant

Archived