(Archived) Strange formatting problem with Macbook Air

mferron

Idea

Problems with the format of a series of new hand-typed notes. On my new Mac Book Air, the notes appear with the proper line spacing, carriage returns etc., that i used when composing the note, but after synching, the note appeared on other computers (and on emails & exports) as a mass of text with all lines running together (i.e., inter-word spacing is ok, but carriage returns have been ignored.) :)

I am have been using EN for months but this problem is first (new Air introduced yesterday) and am considering dropping EN because of the hassle of reformatting.

Any thoughts?

3 replies to this idea

I've been using the MacBook Air since last fall and have not noticed any problems like the one you describe.

Just ran a test as you described and the Note created using EN Mac 2.0.5 looks fine on both EN Web and EN Win 4.3.0.

If you're running the latest ver of EN Mac, 2.0.5, then the only suggestions I have are to test again after each of these steps:

1. Quit and restart Evernote.

2. Reboot your Mac

3. Last, and drastic step, uninstall EN Mac, reboot, and reinstall.

Before doing #3, you might want to file a support case with Evernote.

How are you liking your MacBook Air?

I absolutely love mine. I have the 11-inch, and it is so small, so light-weight, yet so powerful it is incredible!

I uninstalled and reinstalled EN and it now works fine. Thanks for the help!

I also have the 11" Macbook Air and it works like a dream. I had been using an iPad to take notes during meetings (using EN, of course) but found that the on-screen keyboard was just not fast and accurate enough (and I didn't want to carry a separate Bluetooth keyboard). The only downside is that I work in a somewhat fusty organization (government agency) and I get strange looks from some folks when I whip it out. EN with a proper keyboard (and decent battery life) beats pen and paper and scanners and filing, etc every day!

Thanks again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled EN and it now works fine. Thanks for the help!

Great! Glad your problem is solved!

I also have the 11" Macbook Air and it works like a dream. I had been using an iPad to take notes during meetings (using EN, of course) but found that the on-screen keyboard was just not fast and accurate enough (and I didn't want to carry a separate Bluetooth keyboard).

I did exactly the same thing: Started with the iPad, and tried hard to make it work for taking meeting notes. But the iPad is still too constraining and apps like EN don't yet have fully functional clients (like no rich text, bullets, etc).

But the KB was the main reason. I was just about to buy one of those KB/cover combos for the iPad when the new MacBook Air was released. When I tested it at the Apple store, there was no doubt.

Enjoy!

Archived