(Archived) Which all-in-one printer for evernote?

Hi,

we are investigating using evernote for handling all our papers (bills, etc). For that, we need a good all-in-one printer with an included scanner. What we want to achieve at then is quite simple: put all our papers on the printer, press a key, all the documents are scanned, processed with OCR and saved as PDF on a network directory. Then all these documents are automatically imported in evernote.

Which all-in-one printer (if it exists) do you recommend? We want to avoid any manual intervention if possible (except pressing a button;) )

Best regards.

What we want to achieve at then is quite simple: put all our papers on the printer, press a key, all the documents are scanned, processed with OCR and saved as PDF on a network directory. Then all these documents are automatically imported in evernote.

FYI, Evernote does not support import/watched folders on network drives.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11158&hilit=network+drive

Some people have had luck with networked drives & some had luck until they moved to a newer version. So it may or may not work for you. If it doesn't you'll have to use a non-networked drive.

If your scanner software can be configured to run a particular application with each scanned document, then you can wire it to run Evernote automatically on each scan. That's more direct than trying to scan into a folder.

Hi,

thanks for your answers!

@BurgersNFries: thanks for the info. I will then save all scanned documents onto a specific local directory;

@engberg: I want to buy one all-in-one printer that does this automagically. That is, every scanned documents is OCRed and saved as pdf on a local drive. This is really important. After that, I could eventually import them manually in evernote if needed.

Any printer doing this? Or should I buy a dedicated scanner?

Best regards.

Archived