(Archived) Advanced Search Problem

I'm unable to use the advanced search on a notebook that is only held on the local machine. Can you tell me why this is? I do not want bank statements etc sync'd across to other machines or on the web, but it would be good to search through this data.

Thanks

Version 1.1.0b Beta (30365)

Since my last post I have moved a note into a locally held notebook, this warning was displayed.

Local-only images will not have text and handwriting recognized.

Text and handwriting recognition is performed on the Evernote servers. Since these images are going into a local-only notebook they will not have any recognition performed on them.

The Windows client includes local, native image processing, which takes up a the majority of the 52MB Windows executable size.

The Mac does not include image processing, so notes with images must be synchronized to the service for text recognition.

If you later move the recognized notes from the synchronized notebook to a local Mac notebook, they'll be permanently removed from the service. (Although you need to leave time for processing on the service...)

Does that mean that the recognition data will stay with the note when you move it to the local notebook? In other words, is that a workaround for getting text recognition onto a local notebook?

Does that mean that the recognition data will stay with the note when you move it to the local notebook? In other words, is that a workaround for getting text recognition onto a local notebook?

Yes ... if you wait for the image to be processed on the service, then you sync (to receive the recognition data on the client), then the data is "attached" to that note. If you move the note to another notebook (including a Local notebook), then the recognition data will go along with it, and you should be able to search for that image in the local notebook.

Archived