(Archived) "Synchronization Failure"

Mark923

Idea

My Evernote Desktop for Mac continually gives me this error:

Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available.

But it still syncs just fine. All new notes, clips, etc. are actually updated, but I always get this error popup. Why?

5 replies to this idea

I got a response from Evernote, followed the instructions (below) and this seemed to work. Several of my Stacks were not as I had them, but that's probably what caused the issues in the first place. A minor inconvenience. Thanks!

Please try moving your Evernote database directory so that Evernote will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. To do this:

1. Quit Evernote from the elephant icon in the menu bar.

2. In the finder, open the "Library" folder in your home directory. (This is in the directory with your name, NOT at the top level of your hard drive.)

3. Navigate to "Application Support"

4. Move the "Evernote" folder from that location to a different place (like the desktop)

5. Start Evernote, provide your username and password again if needed

This will synchronize all of your notes from the service and create a new local database

Archived