(Archived) Offline Notebook(s)

Was wondering if there was a way to create offline only notebooks using the Windows client? Want to put certain data in Evernote, but not have it ever sync "outside" my local PC.

Thanks.

If you install our Windows or Mac desktop clients, you can create "Local Only" (non synchronized) notebooks, and when you create your notes in those notebooks, they will never be synced to our servers. You do need to create an account in order to create a database file in which the program can store your notes.

You can also turn off automatic synchronization, so should you accidentally create a note in a Synchronized notebook (as your default notebook must be "Synchronized"), it won't ever sync unless you Manually sync it.

So, it is entirely possible to install Evernote on your Windows or Mac computer and never send a single note to our servers. You will be completely responsible for backing up your data, however, as we cannot restore your locally stored, non-synchronized notes.

Hope this helps

I'm going to hijack this thread a bit, as I have been thinking about work notes, and security.

What I would like is an offline notebook that I can still access in multiple places: Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I don't want the data to be stored in any cloud, but I still want to access this from multiple devices.

Would anything like this be possible in Evernote? Does anyone know of /any/ notebook type application that I could accomplish it?

I don't want the data to be stored in any cloud, but I still want to access this from multiple devices.

Would anything like this be possible in Evernote?

No. Evernote is a cloud service. If you don't want the data in any cloud but accessible from those devices, you'll probably need to simply create the notes in documents & transfer via WIFI to each device (from your home/office network). You can use something like QuickOffice or Documents To Go.

• Level 5*

It's not possible with Evernote - so you'd want to do a manual iTunes Sync to get the data onto your iPhone and iPad?

Would you want to edit on all devices too? I think you could use GoodReader and word docs if you wanted read only access on the iOS devices.

(Unless you can edit on GoodReader, haven't looked at it for a while).

It's not possible with Evernote - so you'd want to do a manual iTunes Sync to get the data onto your iPhone and iPad?

Would you want to edit on all devices too? I think you could use GoodReader and word docs if you wanted read only access on the iOS devices.

(Unless you can edit on GoodReader, haven't looked at it for a while).

A manual iTunes sync would be ok.

Edit would be great, but I guess I would be fine with only editing in one place, and read only elsewhere.

I'm considering switching to pen and paper notes, and then scan to pdf. GoodReader may be acceptable in this work flow.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Archived