(Archived) Widget disappears after plugs phones via usb as mass storage

carlosbarbudo

Hello.

Recently I have installed Evernote on my Android 2.2 (Galaxy Mini). All works greats until I plug my phone via USB as Mass Storage. After unplug my phone Evernote's Widget disappers. Only reinstalling Evernote I can get Widget appears. But when I plug usb the problem go back.

Thanks.

P.D.: sorry for my bad english

Do you have the app installed on the SDcard? That might be the cause. Consider installing the app on internal storage. The apk footprint is admittedly a bit large currently, however the majority of data is stored in a seperate folder on the SDcard (regardless of where the apk is installed), so it shouldn't increase much after the initial install.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here

HTC Incredible S

Android 2.3.3

Free Evernote 3.0.2 build 149284 on SD card

I'll do nothing and see if it reappears miraculously in a few days for me too. Perhaps even widgets need holidays sometimes.

After I saw my widget had escaped I used the Evernote log to send myself some information in the hope to find out more. The log gave me lots of information I never even knew existed. This was the first use I made of Evernote, just installed it. It looks really good.

I did notice a message in a flash on my computer with the word "synchronize" in it the moment I plugged the USB in. I guess that invokes a synchronize attempt in Evernote, and because it is not supposed to start syncing it get's upset and removes the widget. :lol:

Update: I have been finding out more about this. This is not an Evernote issue, but an Android issue.

• 1 month later...

The same thing happened to me [ LGE LS670 (Optimus S) Android 2.2 ]

However, following the advice of the other poster, I moved the Evernote program back to my phone and the widget suddenly reappeared on my widget list and I was able to return it to the Home screen.

Archived