(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 3.0 Alpha 2

Hey folks -

We've got another update of Evernote for Android. The big additions are:

• [*:1h4qmox8]Linked notebooks allow read and write when the owner grants access.
    [*:1h4qmox8]Maps is vastly improved. From the home screen or any note list, access the Maps from the menu. Tap on any pin to see the single note or set of notes at the location. Tap the icon at the top right to view all the notes currently visible on the map.
    [*:1h4qmox8]Tag list - a new beginning. We're starting work on a new tag list view that will allow you to browse the tag list as well as view notes with a tag. (Stay tuned for more updates).
    [*:1h4qmox8]PIN lock: For premium users we're providing a PIN lock which will require you to enter a 4 digit PIN to view notes on your device. You can still create notes without entering the PIN. This lets you hand your phone to a friend without giving them easy access to all your notes.

Download the latest prerelease at:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

I love the recent enhancements for the android platform. The addition of a global PIN lock is huge. That said, the PIN not sticking. When I enter my initial PIN via the PIN Setup screen, it tells me that the PIN must be 4 digits (which i just entered). Additionally, it would be great if the PIN would auto advance to the next entry box after the initial number is entered.

My device is a Motorola Droid Pro running Froyo (2.2.1).

I love the recent enhancements for the android platform. The addition of a global PIN lock is huge. That said, the PIN not sticking. When I enter my initial PIN via the PIN Setup screen, it tells me that the PIN must be 4 digits (which i just entered). Additionally, it would be great if the PIN would auto advance to the next entry box after the initial number is entered.

My device is a Motorola Droid Pro running Froyo (2.2.1).

Thanks for the feedback.

• [*:2yndj5of]Tag list - a new beginning. We're starting work on a new tag list view that will allow you to browse the tag list as well as view notes with a tag. (Stay tuned for more updates).

Thank you for starting on the tag list so soon! It is already easier to scroll through, and longer tag names aren't truncated anymore.

The description above isn't very clear, but I hope we'll have the ability to browse the tag hierarchy on the android client of Evernote.

-Mike

We have found that PinLock feature might not work properly with some of the customized keyboards.

In next beta update, we will provide our own keypad to enter the pin. This would solve the problem.

Meanwhile, you can switch to Android keyboard to avoid the problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

If I go to other applications without saving the note (and surelly without closing evernote application) under edit mode, when I return to Evernote it showes main screen and all changes are lost. Never experienced that before this update.

If I go to other applications without saving the note (and surelly without closing evernote application) under edit mode, when I return to Evernote it showes main screen and all changes are lost. Never experienced that before this update.

We have already fixed some of the widget stuff in our next Beta (Evernote for Android v. 3.0 Alpha 3).

But to understand your issue better can you give us exact sequence of key presses?

Like - I started Evernote from Home screen or widget. Then went to edit the note. While editing I pressed home key (to pause the app). Then after sometime I pressed Evernote icon from Home screen or widget and then the note was lost.

Thanks

We have already fixed some of the widget stuff in our next Beta (Evernote for Android v. 3.0 Alpha 3).

But to understand your issue better can you give us exact sequence of key presses?

Thanks

Sure!

1. Started Evernote application (not sure alpha 2 or 3, see my comment in alpha 3 tread)

2. Pointer clicked New Note.

3. Wrot some lines sc201103181820550.jpg

4. Did not clicked "Save". Went to the main screen (pointer click upeer-left corner home icon) sc201103181821190.jpg

5. Called the list of the applications sc201103181821400.jpg

6. Pointer clicked Evernote

7. Application opens with its main menu sc201103181822100.jpg, not a sign of edited note...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived