(Archived) Search for "Not Tagged"

First off, Thanks for the app - Evernote is the second most used app on my Macbook air behind Firefox. Interesting fact - I switched to Mac specifically for the Mac version of Evernote 3. I like it THAT much better than the same on WinXP.

My question: I often clip screenshots, dump in pictures, clip from the web and don't take the time to tag the note immediately. I would, however, like to go back and tag these notes later. I can't figure out how to search for "Not Tagged" to quickly see a list. Thoughts?

-jkidd

Glad you like the app!

You can search for this to find all of the notes that do not have any tags on them: -tag:*

That will work when you have a notebook selected, or when you have "All Notebooks" selected. So if you were to search for that in "All Notebooks", you'd see all of the notes in your account that have no tags on them.

The expression syntax is the same across platforms. Wherever the actual behavior varies between systems, that is a bug ... thanks for helping us track these down during this beta.

We're working on more documentation on our data model and search grammar as part of our plans to open up APIs for third-party applications. We'll make this available in a few weeks.

Thanks

Archived