(Archived) Appearance request

jasonpolk

Idea

Hi - I know this is probably silly, but I was wondering if there were any thoughts at the Evernote team to redesign the Mac desktop app to look like the iPad app. With a lot of the iOS features being integrated into the upcoming OSX release (Lion) it would make working with the desktop app an absolute joy.

By the way, thanks for the iPod touch version 4.0. It integrated features I really was missing. I have now deleted Springpad from my iPod and have switched to Evernote exclusively.

2 replies to this idea

Hi - I know this is probably silly, but I was wondering if there were any thoughts at the Evernote team to redesign the Mac desktop app to look like the iPad app.

Since there is a Mac client in alpha or beta testing, I would guess no, unless that version already does.

We did a lot of UI enhancements in the last major Mac release (version 2.0). A few of these were similar to things we'd done on the iPad, but we don't think that a tablet UI and a desktop UI should be the same. There are certain UI metaphors that work great on a desktop (like scrollbars and text-only lists) that don't work on a tablet where your pointing device is a fat finger. So we think that they can have some similarities and some consistency, we don't think that they should literally be the same.

Archived