(Archived) Is it possible to create another file (database) in EN?

It is my understanding that everything collected in EV goes to a single file. I guess this will get pretty huge with time and the bigger the file gets, the more chance it can get corrupt. Am I right about this? BTW what is the safe maximun file size?

So my question is can we create more than one database accessible with File/ Open like we do for Excel?

John

• Level 5*

There are people who post on this board who have many many thousands of notes. I don't remember seeing anyone coming on here with an issue because they had too many notes or a database that had grown too big.

• Level 5*

The answer is to make sure that you are doing regular backups, particularly if you have local notes for desktop clients (which do not sync to the Evernote servers), and make sure that your backups work.

Mine is just over 6 gigs & was started October 2008. Given than the monthly upload limit is 60 mb (free) or 1 gb (premium), the most data anyone will be adding to their cloud is 12 gb over the course of a year. The exception is if you used local notebooks & added a lot of very large files. (But even with a premium account, note size is limited to 50 mb, so no one is going to be adding a lot of 5 gb files even to their local notebooks.)

The EN database is SQLite which is designed to house up to terabyte-sized databases.

Archived