Importing Notes from Outlook

ldashton

I have 700+ notes from Outlook that I would like to import. Is there a way or solution to do this with out individual emailing or cutting a pasting? Sorry in advance if covered before. I have searched the board and failed to find a previous answer. :shock:

Did that and got an error titled "Unexpected Error During Note Creation" Also used a Script to export them to an enex format which seemed to work but then on Import I got "Missing_Note_Title" Msg. Any ideas? Much thanks in advance for all help! -- Lee

Did that and got an error titled "Unexpected Error During Note Creation"

This question is also of interest to me. I was also wondering how to import (not my notes) but my 1500+ saved emails from Outlook into Evernote.

It never occurred to me to select all and "click elephant"

However, I get same error (above) as Lee did if I try to select a lot of saved Outlook emails. It seems like I can select up to around 10 emails at a time (sometimes more, sometimes less) without getting an error. I'm not sure what is causing this error and would be interested in finding out as well.

alan2461, ldashton

In Evernote, if you navigate to Tools -> Options -> Open Log Folder, there should be a number of files named enclipper_date.txt

These log files may have additional information on the reason for the "Unexpected Error During Note Creation" error.

If you could send those logs to me, or post any errors here, it'd help us diagnose the problem.

Thanks,

Max

• 5 months later...

I've had the "unexpected error" refusal with MSOutlook clipper on individual emails containing character corruption.

The offending emails can be emailed in to EN (seem to spontaneously clean up in the process) but simply refuse to clip.

No "enclipper" log entry suffixed with error date appears in logs.

/Schooner

• 10 months later...

I had the same problem with "unexpected error during note creation".

I importet the notes one by one until i got the error in exclusively one note.

The cause was that an iPhone-Smiley was in one of the notes.

Sry for the bad english^^

• 2 years later...

I have 700+ notes from Outlook that I would like to import. Is there a way or solution to do this with out individual emailing or cutting a pasting? Sorry in advance if covered before. I have searched the board and failed to find a previous answer. :shock:

I've tried this method to import my emails and had the exact same problem.  One wonders if there's any point to having an Evernote plug-in for Outlook if it doesn't work.  Anyway, in the off chance that someone from EN will actually READ THIS sometime in the next 3 years (since the last EN response):

Log opened on 2014/08/09 14:05:10 (UTC-7:00)

14:25:50 [1976] CENCEConverter::CleanseIncomingData
14:25:50 [1976] Processing conversion results. 1 result(s) to process
14:25:50 [1976] CENCEConversionResult::CleanseENEXData
14:25:50 [1976] Import failed: 0x80040716 = MISSING_NOTE_TITLE
14:55:46 [1976] CENCEConverter::CleanseIncomingData
14:55:46 [1976] Processing conversion results. 1 result(s) to process
14:55:46 [1976] CENCEConversionResult::CleanseENEXData
14:55:46 [1976] Import failed: 0x80040716 = MISSING_NOTE_TITLE
14:57:50 [1976] CENCEConverter::CleanseIncomingData
14:57:50 [1976] Processing conversion results. 1 result(s) to process
14:57:50 [1976] CENCEConversionResult::CleanseENEXData
14:57:50 [1976] Import failed: 0x80040716 = MISSING_NOTE_TITLE