(Archived) Feature Request: Notebook Preferences

As a premium user of Evernote, there's only 2 features that I really miss in Evernote. The first is linking to other notes (which has already been discussed to death on this forum), the second is what I'm going to be discussing in this post. Let me explain :

Currently you can only set sort/view preferences for all of Evernote. Right now I sort most of my notebooks by Title, and view (Evernote for Windows) notes in Mixed Mode. What I would like is for these preferences to be notebook (and Saved Search) dependent.

Sorting notes by Title is fine for most of my notebooks, but there's some that I would really like to sort by Date Created, some by Date Created -reversed, some by Date Updated, etc..

I struggle with not having this feature every single day in Evernote. I hope that you could take a look at it and add it in the (near) future :)

Thanks for making such a great tool guys!

• Level 5

Currently you can only set sort/view preferences for all of Evernote. Right now I sort most of my notebooks by Title, and view (Evernote for Windows) notes in Mixed Mode. What I would like is for these preferences to be notebook (and Saved Search) dependent.

Sorting notes by Title is fine for most of my notebooks, but there's some that I would really like to sort by Date Created, some by Date Created -reversed, some by Date Updated, etc..

I struggle with not having this feature every single day in Evernote. I hope that you could take a look at it and add it in the (near) future :)

Evernote recently increased the number of notebooks to 250.

The concept of personalizing the sort order of each notebook is interesting, as long as it does not adversely affect the speed of the program or the search capabilities.

As a programmer myself, I can tell you that this feature wouldn't affect search speed at all. Implementing this shouldn't be too difficult either, but of course they have to add and support this feature on multiple platforms, so this might take a bit more planning (and time) and I'm letting on ;)

• 6 months later...

I'm going to shamelessly bump this 7 month old post of mine to try and get some more feedback on this!

What I'm asking for is to set a default sorting option for each Notebook and Saved Search. In one notebook I'd like to have my notes sorted by date created (oldest first), in another by date updated, another by title, etc.

Surely I can't be the only one dying to have this feature!

Eynsa, I am also dying for this feature to be implemented!

As I posted in the forum earlier, I want my contacts notebook and maybe a recipe notebook to sort alphabetically -- but my other notebooks I would like to have them sort by note dates, not alphabetically. This kind of feature would definitely make Evernote more versatile. I am new to Evernote and thought I loved it until I came upon this irksome problem. I hope the developers are reading!

• Level 5*
I loved it until I came upon this irksome problem. I hope the developers are reading!

Evernote staff read everything here, as best as I have been able to determine. They don't implement everything, though, nor do they always reply.

• 2 weeks later...

I too would like to cast my vote for this feature. Each notebook has unique needs, so the ability to save different sort options for each would be really helpful. For example, I'd like to view my inbox (default folder) in date created order, newest first. But with my education folder, I'd like to have it sort alphabetically by title for grouping purposes.

Thanks Evernote Team - your product is a game-changer - keep up the excellent work! :D

...but would definitely use sort order in saved searches.

I've thought that myself for awhile, and have suggested it in the forums at least once. Someday, maybe...

Would also use "notebook:*" or equivalent for explicit All Notes in Saved Search.

For the record. :)

• 4 months later...

I would also really love to have each notebook remember the last sort order used with it. Some I sort by title and some by created date and others by updated date. It's a pain to have to remember to keep changing it. Perhaps specify in options the default sort order for new notebooks.

Thanks!

Archived