(Archived) Feature request: notebook specific default tags

I would like to suggest a user-set option that when a user creates an item in one of his or her notebooks, that Evernote automatically apply various tags as a default. The could then simply delete the tags that don't apply for the item. This would save my mouse from having to walk across the "tag continent" for every note - if I already know what I want.

• Level 5*

Did you have a particular client in mind? Not sure that this has a lot of general applicability as many people use notebooks as containers for notes that have disparate and disjoint tags, so there would be no general tag set that would work for them. As a workaround, in one of the desktop apps you can always create a template note with the tags you want, save it out as .enex and use it to create new notes.

~Jeff

I agree with Jeff...this seems a bit redundant. If a set of notes requires quite a few tags that are the same and I'm regularly adding new notes that require that same lengthy set of tags, then it's easier to simply set up a notebook for those notes.

• Level 5*

I agree with Jeff and BnF, but if you must, a hack below (Windows).

1. Create a blank note with all of the tags that you want plus a unique tag, notetagger, for example.

2. Whenever you want to create a new note, drag the notetagger tag onto the notebook where you want the new note.

3. You will create a blank note in the notebook with all of the tags.

4. Do your business and delete the notetagger tag from the new note and you have it. Takes longer to type than to do.

I use this for a phone call template I created. Whenever I get a call, I drag my tag PhoneBlank onto a notebook and I'm off with a standard table and one tag, @Phone. Works for me anyway, YMMV.

• Level 5*
I agree with Jeff and BnF, but if you must, a hack below (Windows).

I use this for a phone call template I created. Whenever I get a call, I drag my tag PhoneBlank onto a notebook and I'm off with a standard table and one tag, @Phone. Works for me anyway, YMMV.

Yup, that's another way to make a tagged template, rather than using the .enex files that I mentioned.

~Jeff

Archived