(Archived) Sharing Notebooks with individuals

ATHiker95

Idea

Once you've shared a notebook with an individual, does this individual get any kind of notifications when you add new topics to the notebook? If not, is there a way to do this? Also, I don't see on my Evernote page the URL for the notebook I shared with the individual, so if I haven't posted in awhile and I tell this individual to look at my notebook, then he has to look through all his emails to find the link you sent him once upon a time?

Thanks,

Mark

6 replies to this idea

When you share a notebook with an individual, the notebook is visible under the tab "Shared". I do not think that a user gets a notification when a new note is added, but he/she could go check out the shared book itself upon your request, no?

I just started sharing notbooks, and it has got a lot of potential, but I cannot seem to be able to add tags to the common note we now share in the shared notebook. Is that something you have experienced as well? The way I see it, the shared note is not a shared note in its fullest form until all viewers can edit all the info in it. And it would be a great way of collaborating via notes as well.. Anyone know anything about this?

I have tried sharing two notebooks with my wife. I set the notebooks up for sharing on my Mac, sent the e-mail(s) to her, opened the messages on her iPad, and clicked the link in the message. I get an error saying Notebook sharing is not supported on your device. Can this be true? You cannot share a notebook on an iPad? What is going on here?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to share a couple notebooks with my wife. We're working on a home improvement project and it would be nice that that when the notebook I shared with her would appear on her ipad (which I believe is not currently supported).

Evernote's growth has been great, but increasing functionality in the sharing feature would do much to get new users to try this awesome service (and convert to pro).

-Vince

it would be nice that that when the notebook I shared with her would appear on her ipad (which I believe is not currently supported).

Evernote's growth has been great, but increasing functionality in the sharing feature would do much to get new users to try this awesome service (and convert to pro).

It's on the list of things to do.

Archived