(Archived) Feature request: View OFfice documents like PDFs

Hi,

One feature which I like about OneNote is the ability to insert viewable MS Office documents, much like PDFs are handled in ENote. I believe the documents are "printed" into the note. Such a feature would be great in ENote as the PDF viewer function is great on the road etc when the originating application is not always available (plus, it makes for much quicker viewing of content)

• Level 5*

Also, seeing as Office and OneNote are Microsoft products then it's easier and cheaper - no license fee?

I'm sure, if Evernote wanted to do the same that MS would charge a license fee for this viewing capability. Given that I can very quickly open any Office document from Evernote, I'd rather not pay MS another license.

• Level 5*
...and then to have the original doc stored somewhere else for future editing...

You can store the original document in EN if you like, premium user I think. You and edit with the application and save thereby having the current doc stored there. Of course, the PDF is out of date as soon as you edit and save.

• Level 5*
I would also like to be able to see my MS OFFICE documents in the viewing screen just as easily as I can see my PDF files.

Would it be worth another $50-$100 on your annual subscription?

• 7 months later...

Archived