(Archived) Feature request: button or menu opt for the todo search

The ability to put checkboxes in any note is a powerful feature, that goes beyond typical checklists. It was one of the great features in Microsoft One Note. I guess there're many of us using the "todo:true/false" search very often. IMHO, it would be nice to have a one-click or kinda shorcut to do that in both desktop and mobile clients (at least Windows and Android don't have it)

In the Windows client, you can create a saved search. Select the appropriate notebook and tag as appropriate then look for the "Unfinished to-do items" attribute (Attributes/Contains in the left panel). The resulting search can then be saved using the button (can also use File/New Saved Search)...

post-27909-131906071501_thumb.png

...and accessed with a single click.

Alternatively, you can use combinations of search terms (try "Evernote search grammar" on Google) to create a custom search and save that for single-click access.

Is that what you had in mind?

Certainly sir! I came back to the forum because I was about to answer myself! That can be done in the Android client as well. I had been using the feature for other searches, indeed. I have to admit that the EN fundamental features are really well designed...

Archived