(Archived) Max Note Size is Still 50MB?

I was going through this just last week. I also thought the note size was increased, when the upload limit was increased. But I searched & could not find any reference to this & finally figured I must have been making it up. Glad to know it wasn't just me. :(

(FWIW, the monthly upload limits were increased, for certain.)

We raised the notesize limit after 3 years of careful consideration for Premium members, and analysis of what the average "largest" PDF and Image files are, which are what Evernote is meant to store.

analysis of what the average "largest" PDF and Image files are, which are what Evernote is meant to store.

How did you determine average size if you're limiting the size before it even gets into Evernote? Seems like you got the cart before the horse. If the size limit was larger and people were able to put large documents in, then your average would be a lot bigger.

• Level 5

How did you determine average size if you're limiting the size before it even gets into Evernote? Seems like you got the cart before the horse. If the size limit was larger and people were able to put large documents in, then your average would be a lot bigger.

They probably did a bell curve and found the size of the PDF's dropped significantly well before the cap. If Evernote allowed premium users to store their feature-length HD Hollywood movies, there would have been a shift... but that is not what Evernote is designed to do.

• Level 5*
analysis of what the average "largest" PDF and Image files are, which are what Evernote is meant to store.

There's nothing saying that they don't keep track of the sizes of PDFs that were rejected because they exceeded the then-current limit.

~Jeff

We keep a crazy amount of data in our databases for reporting and analysis. Our main reporting database has more than 9 billion rows in its biggest table, so we can do a lot of analysis on usage and patterns by platform, language, region, etc.

There's nothing saying that they don't keep track of the sizes of PDFs that were rejected because they exceeded the then-current limit.

~Jeff

There's nothing saying that they do keep track of the sizes of PDFs (Or files) that were rejected because they exceeded the current limit. It's quite unlikely that such data would be sent to Evernote.

Archived