(Archived) ScanSnap 1300 vs Canon P-150 Scan-tini

Hi All!

I'm considering a scanner purchase for use with evernote. I have a simple Canon flatbed, but need to be able to process more volume.

I'm trying to decide between the Canon imageFORMULA P-150 Portable Document Scanner (Scan-tini) and the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300.

I've read reviews at Amazon and elsewhere but would be very interested in the experiences of Evernote users.

I use a MacBook running Snow Leopard and I'm a bit uncomfortable with the lack of TWAIN support with the Fujitsu, since that seems to limit my input choices to the bundled Fujitsu software. The Canon appears to be able to work with Photoshop, Acrobat, and image Capture, while I gather the Fujitsu may not.

Thanks for any advice.

Greg

I've a lot of experience with a Xerox 510 Documate & a little bit of experience with the P150/Scantini. IME, I much prefer the Xerox for multipage documents & heavy scanning. The Canon is nice for being portable but doesn't always handle multipage docs that well. It is faster than the Xerox but it's not faster if you have to feed a document in 3 times. (B/C the Canon has more of a tendency to feed two or more pages instead of a single page, when you have several pages loaded into the ADF.)

Thanks for the recommendation. Are you using it with a Mac? I've always used flatbed scanners in the past, for both photos and OCR, and have found that it's pretty important to get one that is highly Mac-friendly, as opposed to merely lip-service Mac friendly.

Greg

Archived