(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 2.6 Beta 2

Philip Constantinou

Hey folks -

We've got another beta for Android -- Evernote 2.6 Beta 2. (NOTE: we previously called this version 3.0 but shifted plans a little and we're calling it 2.6. We apologize for the confusion.)

• [*:ayilnvgm]This version adds more improvements and bug fixes to the rich text editor including resolving the problems with adding multiple lines after editing.
    [*:ayilnvgm]Improved scrolling performance (removed the likelihood of ANR's).
    [*:ayilnvgm]Added additional account information information to the settings view.

Check for updates or download now at:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

The full feature set for 2.6 is:

• [*:ayilnvgm]Faster sync
    [*:ayilnvgm]Editing notes created anywhere on your device
    [*:ayilnvgm]View/browse notebook stacks
    [*:ayilnvgm]View notes as snippets
    [*:ayilnvgm]More account information in Settings

The problem I mentioned in previous beta version remains present. After I have added a single dot to the end of a line part if a multiline single spaces paragraph, the whole note start to appear double lined... Problem not fixed...

Found bug on this beta app:

Issue with applying tags with Russian characters to a note. No error messages. Just ignores the request.

Here is the what CAN and CANNOT be done:

• [*:cnevsg10] CAN apply a NEW Russian tag (e.g. "@Мама" or "Дом")
    [*:cnevsg10] CANNOT apply a SAVED Russian tag (e.g. "@Мама" or "Дом")

I tried fiddling around with mixed characters, but couldn't find a pattern. Here is what worked and did not work:

• [*:cnevsg10] "asd фыв" did work both as NEW and SAVED
    [*:cnevsg10] "фыв asd" did work both as NEW and SAVED as well
    [*:cnevsg10] "iПод" did work as NEW, but did NOT work as SAVED
    [*:cnevsg10] "i Пад" did work as NEW, but did NOT work as SAVED

I hope this gives you enough information to isolate and kill the bug.

Thank you for your awesome job. Keep it up!

-Mike

Found bug on this beta app:

Issue with applying tags with Russian characters to a note. No error messages. Just ignores the request.

Here is the what CAN and CANNOT be done:

• [*:1trwbbg9] CAN apply a NEW Russian tag (e.g. "@Мама" or "Дом")
    [*:1trwbbg9] CANNOT apply a SAVED Russian tag (e.g. "@Мама" or "Дом")

I tried fiddling around with mixed characters, but couldn't find a pattern. Here is what worked and did not work:

• [*:1trwbbg9] "asd фыв" did work both as NEW and SAVED
    [*:1trwbbg9] "фыв asd" did work both as NEW and SAVED as well
    [*:1trwbbg9] "iПод" did work as NEW, but did NOT work as SAVED
    [*:1trwbbg9] "i Пад" did work as NEW, but did NOT work as SAVED

I hope this gives you enough information to isolate and kill the bug.

Thank you for your awesome job. Keep it up!

-Mike

Thanks Mike,

We have raised a bug for this and will update the findings.

We appreciate your analysis in finding a good bug.

Thanks Mike,

We have raised a bug for this and will update the findings.

We appreciate your analysis in finding a good bug.

Thank you, and you're welcome!

I think I'm encountering another bug, however.

I'm trying to open a PowerPoint on the Android app that I attached to the note on my desktop. I click on the attachment button. It turns blue for about 30 seconds, and returns to the list of my notes.

I tried the same with a PDF, and everything worked fine. Then, I tried to attach a saved PowerPoint on my Android device to a new note with the Android app. After syncing, both, my desktop and my Android app were able to open the PowerPoint without a problem.

On the Android app, when I went into edit mode on the note that had the desktop attachment, clicked on the attachment, and selected View, it showed me the following toast:

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=content://com.evernote.evernoteprovider/notes/6ed8e20d-320b-428a-a884-afacd4d33d20/resources/de801772fdd87ed7f8a97d7a06a86a09 fig=0x1 }

Attached is picture of the screen.

It seems like it's saying that there is no app to open this type of file (I could be wrong), but I have two Office apps, and Evernote gave me the choice of the two apps to open the PowerPoint I attached locally on the Android.

Something fishy is going on with downloading the PowerPoints, because Android Evernote didn't even take much time to sync with the 2.0 MB PowerPoint file. Just to be sure that the PowerPoint got uploaded correctly, I logged into Evernote through my browser, found the note with it, downloaded the PowerPoint, and successfully opened it.

Please kill this bug as soon as you possibly can, because there are a lot of PowerPoints waiting for this bug to go away.

Again, I hope this provides you with enough information to isolate and kill the bug.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

post-29578-131906071495_thumb.jpg

The problem I mentioned in previous beta version remains present. After I have added a single dot to the end of a line part if a multiline single spaces paragraph, the whole note start to appear double lined... Problem not fixed...

Just installed the final release of V2.6 and the problem mentioned in Beta 1 and 2 could not be reproduced using final version. I will run some extra tests, but the scenario used to reproduce the problem is now working properly. Thanks for this nice feature...

Archived