(Archived) Subject column in note list?

What is the purpose of the "Subject" column in the note list? I can't seem to edit it or figure out it's function. I've seen several great examples of how to use Evernote with Getting Things Done, but I was hoping to see a brief next-action description in the note list to keep me from having to open each note to find my next action. I thought if the "Subject" column was editable, I could use it for this purpose. Either way, thanks for any thoughts or suggestions you might have!

• Level 5

On Jan 27, Dave Engberg said:

• "We're planning to replace the name of the "subject date" field (which was confusing for most new users) with "due date" instead. In all other ways, it would still be usable to store an arbitrary date of your choosing, so if you wanted to store a particular historic date in that (and not use "due dates"), then you could continue to do so."

On Jan 27, Dave Engberg said:

• "We're planning to replace the name of the "subject date" field (which was confusing for most new users) with "due date" instead. In all other ways, it would still be usable to store an arbitrary date of your choosing, so if you wanted to store a particular historic date in that (and not use "due dates"), then you could continue to do so."

I must be totally clueless. I could not find the "subject date" field anywhere. If it does what due date means, it will be fantastic. But first I need someone's help to find where is this field. Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

In the WIn 4 version, List View, right click on the column headers, and you should see a column named 'Subject'. That's the one. I don't know how to make changes to it, but I do have some of them set, maybe from the 3.1 / 3.5 days.

~Jeff

It's kind of half there/half not there right now. It's display only, and only works for people who had that entry in previous versions of Evernote.

The field has not been coded into the current version as something that is editable.

Thanks to Jeff and Heather. Excellent help and support.

Looking forward to the implementaion of this feature in EN4, and hopefully it has a clock function so that one can search for dates before or after.

CP

Archived