(Archived) Tagging when sending to Evernote

When I forward a bcc to my Evernote email address for filing, I have to code for a notebook (@) or tag (#) in the "Subject" field. I would like to be able to code in the bcc field so nobody sees the coding in the "Subject" field. Can this be done? Will this be changed?

• Level 5
When I forward a bcc to my Evernote email address for filing, I have to code for a notebook (@) or tag (#) in the "Subject" field. I would like to be able to code in the bcc field so nobody sees the coding in the "Subject" field. Can this be done? Will this be changed?

You cannot add the notebook (@) or tag (#) to the blind carbon copy field.

To accomplish what you want:

1.) Send the email without the notebook (@) or tag (#) to the recipient.

2.) Resend the email and add the notebook (@) or tag (#) in the subject field to your Evernote email address.

If you always use the same @ notebook and # tagging information for your forwarded emails, you could try to use the tarpipe service (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22288) to make things easier. You could set up a tarpipe email address that would have all your notebook and tagging information pre-defined and forwarded to your EN account. Then when you forward email to someone, you could just BCC: the email to the tarpipe address and it would be tagged and placed in the right notebook for you.

Archived