(Archived) Email to Notebook Stacks

tomsiko

I've really found the notebook stacks useful. Many times I send in notes via my email (to my specific Evernote email address). Is it possible to send a note in this format via email where you want it to go into a subfolder of the stack. i.e. NotebookStack/Notebook1

Normally I send this in with the subject line of @"notebookname".

Thanks in advance!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried this several time to different notebooks that are contained in a stack and it always goes to my default notebook. Not sure what is going on as I send email to my notebooks all day long without a hitch. I just recently created some stacks and found this limitation. Is there something I'm missing?

Premium account user.

I have tried this several time to different notebooks that are contained in a stack and it always goes to my default notebook. Not sure what is going on as I send email to my notebooks all day long without a hitch. I just recently created some stacks and found this limitation. Is there something I'm missing?

Premium account user.

Stacks are just, well, stacks of notebooks. So if you email your note to the notebook, it will go to the correct stack.

(Once again, feeling very much like metrodon.)

The notebook has to exist, and it has to be a synchronized notebook. I just tested it out and it works as expected. I have a notebook called Household, in a stack called Household. I mail something with a subject line like:

Blah blah blah @Household

and the mail ends up in my Household notebook. The stack actually means nothing.

I have tried this several time to different notebooks that are contained in a stack and it always goes to my default notebook. Not sure what is going on as I send email to my notebooks all day long without a hitch..

These two comments seem to contradict each other.

• 2 months later...

Just as a follow up for this - I'm actually using less notebook stacks now and more tags. My notebooks were getting somewhat monotonous and hard to remember names when emailing notes and trying to assign notebooks blindly.

I still have some stacks but since switching to tags I've found that the information is easier to locate. I guess it's just varying perspectives on where the information resides in EN.

Tom

• 1 year later...

Archived