(Archived) Adding new note adds two and splits typing accross them

On the last 2 versions of the beta I have been experiencing this problem. When I click new note and begin typing EN will recognize a letter or two then it will automatically start another new note and carry over the other half the word I started to type. In other words it doesn't seem to keep up with my typing then creates another note. I have sync when a new note is added enabled so I believe it may be an issue with EN trying to sync the note as I begin typing. I will try to disable that function to see if thats true and post the results.

Example

- Note 1

-------------------

Ev

- "Auto created" Note 2

-----------------------------------------------

ernote is creating to many notes.

I have sync when a new note is added enabled so I believe it may be an issue with EN trying to sync the note as I begin typing. I will try to disable that function to see if thats true and post the results.

Yes, I think that's it. It appears to me that when Evernote syncs (either automatically or manually), it loses its current selection. You type a few characters into a new note, Evernote autosyncs and loses its selection. Then, as you continue typing, Evernote takes your keystrokes as a signal to automatically start a new note. Then it autosyncs again, loses its selection again, and round and round it goes.

I turned off autosync, and I haven't had the problem since. (I hit CTRL-S frequently out of long habit, so I don't really need autosync.)

Dale

Archived