(Archived) Feature request - highlighting of passages in scanned pages

I searched for this but did not find anything relevant, so I think it's not possible yet.

After six years of using EN for free I just decided to go premium. Now I wonder whether it is possible to highlight text in scanned pages, imported as jpg graphics. If not, this would be really a great feature for me.

Thanks

jester

lwilde,

yes, I know - however, this would be very useful. It is possible in OneNote. Ideally you could add new layers to notes just like in Photoshop and switch between layers to add highlights or underlinings or even handwritten annotations.

jester

• Level 5*

I believe that anything other than image resize / rotation is beyond the scope of what Evernote is planning on doing, at least short term, based on what I've read from Evernote staff in the forums (and you can't even do that currently, at least in the Windows client and others). Adding annotation / decoration / highlighting of recognized text / layering operations etc. is probably something that you're going to have to do in your favorite photo editor for the foreseeable future.

~Jeff

Ideally you could add new layers to notes just like in Photoshop and switch between layers to add highlights or underlinings or even handwritten annotations.

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be added to Evernote any time soon (if at all.)

Archived