(Archived) How can I resize images in Evernote?

Doonald

Idea

I downloaded Evernote for Mac recently and I find it fantastic, but I'm having a bit of trouble with some images. I made a screen capture and it appears the same size it was originally, but I want it to be smaller, because it's not really that relevant. How can I resize it? The little squares that appear, for instance, in Word, don't show up.

Max Cleanse Pro

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Evernote does not have an option to resize images. You need to use a 3rd party program to resize. There are a lot of free programs on the web.

I've seen a suggestion requiring a more complex method involving export, editing and HTML re-import. Never tried it so I can't comment on it.

Hmmm, well that didn't work for me. I think I did as you suggested Metrodon. When I got to 'adjust size' I chose the smallest on offer in the drop down menu and clicked ok. Then I did 'save as' and clicked ok. My picture in Evernote stayed the same size, but just became pixellated... so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I tried syncing, but still nothing changed.

• Level 5*
I tried the suggestion and got the same result as mmtierney. The smaller preview file did not appear in my note. Any thoughts?

Also, is there anyway of having the attachment appear as a thumbnail in the note so it expands when you click on it?

Thanks, Gerald

I think this is a bug in Preview - try changing the percentage options rather than the default sizes from the list.

Nope - see this post about PDFs - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22156

I'm not understanding the last comment (from Evernote?) about PDF's? Anyway, tried the percentage change rather than drop-down menu - no change! Well, it has changed at some point on my iPhone but not on the Mac. Also my iPad version not able to sync with the Mac or iPhone... 'error communicating with the Evernote servers'... ughh, it's all getting a bit silly, can't say I'm impressed with this app!

• Level 5*
I'm not understanding the last comment (from Evernote?) about PDF's? Anyway, tried the percentage change rather than drop-down menu - no change! Well, it has changed at some point on my iPhone but not on the Mac. Also my iPad version not able to sync with the Mac or iPhone... 'error communicating with the Evernote servers'... ughh, it's all getting a bit silly, can't say I'm impressed with this app!

OK then - bye

• Level 5*

the way i suggested works - I use it all the time.

Make sure you are following the steps I laid out and ensure that the image you close the image after saving it.

If it is appearing on your iPhone then it is Evernote. Try manually syncing the app on your Mac.

Archived