(Archived) Can Web Clipper icon be moved in Firefox?

jrh0

When I installed Web Clipper in Firefox on my laptop, the icon showed up next to the Home Page icon on the Navigation bar. When I installed Web Clipper in Firefox on my desktop, the icon wound up on the Bookmarks Toolbar. Problem is, I don't want it on the Bookmarks Toolbar, since I don't use it, and it simply takes up vertical screen space I'd rather have available for browsing. Is there a way to move the Web Clipper icon? Drag and drop doesn't do it!

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot see the Evernote icon on FireFox browser. It used to be there next to the URL field, and after upgrade (EN 4.2) it disappeared. I can see 'Add to Evernote' in Tools menu, but no icon on the FF browser. How do I add the icon to FF (3.6.13)

Regards,

deMicron

@demicron - this is a known problem that has surfaced with recent updates to FF clipper. Here is what you have to do get the button to the toolbar.

1 - Go to View > Toolbars > Customize

2 - In customize dialogue, scroll down to see the Evernote button.

3 - Drag the button onto the toolbar in the location you want it. (if you drop it in the wrong place you will have to start over)

Clip on...

@jrh0 - If that is the case it could be a bug. We will investigate it, if you have a chance to tell us what OS & browser versions you are on that would be swell.

An uninstall > reinstall procedure usually helps.

Version: 4.0.0.106602 works as expected on Mac OS 10.6.6

Archived