Too much RAM consumption

Every time I open Evernote, it consumes between 800 Mb and 1 Gb of RAM memory. And when I close Evernote it keeps me some background services with a consumption of about 500 Mb approx.

This is too much. Does anyone have any idea how to reduce the consumption?

Thank you very much

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, festeve5353 said:

This is too much. Does anyone have any idea how to reduce the consumption?

Hi.  I'm guessing you're not a Teams (business) user,  so without knowing your device or OS/ Evernote version numbers it's impossible to give any advice other than to sign out of the app if you're uncomfortable with the usage. 

Evernote has to stay resident to allow you to open it at any time to take notes or to attach content.  Memory is there to be used - my Evernote is currently at around 5% usage,  my browser,  email client and a few utilities occupy another 40%.

If you 'quit' evernote rather than signing out it remains in the background,  ready for you to clip content or create a note - hence the continuing use.

• Level 5

Why is it too much ?

Watch at what your Chrome browser does with a few tabs open. It’s the same base technology used by EN as well, and it will be in the same ballpark.

All modern devices run on SSDs, all modern OS will swap between RAM and SSD, to balance load.

What should be avoided is little RAM AND a cramped up SSD. But that applies to all app use.

• Like 1

Mine is sitting at around 1.2GB right now but I have 32GB on the machine. If I open EN on my laptop which has 8GB of RAM then it tends to use 600MB ish... I think it uses more if you have more RAM.

• Like 2