(Archived) debug reports appearing

Are you saying these notes are actually added as notes into one of your EN notebooks? If so, somehow you've either forwarded emails or set up an import folder or something b/c EN does not create notes on it's own.

It may be helpful if you'd post a screen cap of the message or be a bit more detailed on what the message says.

Are you saying these notes are actually added as notes into one of your EN notebooks? If so, somehow you've either forwarded emails or set up an import folder or something b/c EN does not create notes on it's own.

It may be helpful if you'd post a screen cap of the message or be a bit more detailed on what the message says.

Yes, each note is named "debug.log" and appear as notes in my notebooks. When I open the log, it has a lot of what looks like computer code.

So, this is not supposed to happen. Mmmmm....

You didn't say what version of the client you're using (there are separate forums for Mac, Windows, etc...), but I'll guess you're using Windows.

Go to: Tools > Import Folders...

If you see any entries in that list, select them and Remove them. Then restart Evernote.

Otherwise, I'd double-check that you haven't somehow configured Evernote to automatically run with either "debug.log" as a parameter, or possibly you've configured Windows to run every time a "*.log" file is opened.

Try creating a file named "test.log" on your desktop, and then right-click on that to see what application is configured to Open that by default. If it's Evernote, try changing it to something like Notepad.

• 2 weeks later...
You didn't say what version of the client you're using (there are separate forums for Mac, Windows, etc...), but I'll guess you're using Windows.

Go to: Tools > Import Folders...

If you see any entries in that list, select them and Remove them. Then restart Evernote.

Otherwise, I'd double-check that you haven't somehow configured Evernote to automatically run with either "debug.log" as a parameter, or possibly you've configured Windows to run every time a "*.log" file is opened.

Try creating a file named "test.log" on your desktop, and then right-click on that to see what application is configured to Open that by default. If it's Evernote, try changing it to something like Notepad.

Yes. I am using Windows. Not sure about the configuration of Evernote to automatically run with a debug.log but I have disabled the auto sync and still the debug log appears. Also tried creating a "test.log" - it opened with notepad, not EN.

I have uploaded one of the debug.logs in the hope that seeing it might help.

Archived